Malaysia LAH

Malaysia LAH 3



Saturday 31 August 2013

Akjan: ‘I’m not happy that now he (Mutalib) is dead’

June, 30, 2013 - 3:26 pm

Akjan: ‘I’m not happy that now he (Mutalib) is dead’

Akjan30

Akjan: ‘I’m not happy that now he (Mutalib) is dead’ 


KOTA KINABALU: “I won’t forgive him. Let Allah deal with him!”
These were the exact words of former Internal Security Act (ISA) detainee Datu Mohd Akjan Ali Muhammad, when commenting on the demise of his arch rival cum writer of controversial book “IC Projek: Agenda Tersembunyi Mahathir?” Mutalib M.D.
The editor of online news portal Sabahkini was said to have succumbed to a stroke while sleeping at his residence in Taman Kingfisher, at around 3am, on Saturday.
“He (Mutalib) almost ruined my life at one stage with all his slanders against me, including those which he had written in his book (IC Projek: Agenda Tersembunyi Mahathir?).
“My family and I, my children especially had been deeply hurt by his slanderous articles about me, for the past two decades. Some of my children even had to quit school because of what he did to me.
“Honestly-speaking, I’m not happy that now he’s dead; in fact I’m furious that he died too soon. I can forgive many of those who hurt me in the past, but certainly not him. The judgement is with Allah,” said Akjan bitterly.
Akjan was obviously referring to Mutalib’s reports about his involvement with the infamous ‘Project IC’, during the early 90s.
Akjan was subsequently detained under the ISA for two years, from 1995 to 1997, together with several others for distribution of fake Malaysian identity cards to non-Malaysian citizens, the Filipino illegal immigrants in particular.
A former Sabah Umno member, the businessman quit from the party in 2011 following his yet another controversial act, this time over his controversial ‘coronation’ as the 33rd reigning sultan of the now defunct Sulu Sultanate, at his residence in Likas.
Akjan who is presently the Chairman of Malaysian Islamic Welfare and Sermon Organation (PEKIDA) Sabah, also charged that Mutalib is a bad example for other Muslims, citing his ‘unique’ style of reporting of issues.
“I hope our Muslim brothers and sisters in the country, Sabah especially, would not emulate his way of earning a living which is by way of slandering others,” he said.
He further claimed that Mutalib’s reports on the Project IC issue all these years had not only severely affected him, but also the lives of many other Muslims in Sabah.

http://borneoinsider.com/2013/06/30/akjan-im-not-happy-that-now-he-mutalib-is-dead/

No comments:

Post a Comment